CCS3 is changing the way programmers and web designers build websites. Web browsers are quickly becoming compatible with CCS3′s new features, which are opening up a whole new world of opportunities. CSS3 and its feature set are also very well supported in many mobile web browsers like Opera Mini and Mobile, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer for mobile.
Because most all popular browsers provide support for a number of CCS3 features, web developers now have the opportunity to develop more powerful, elaborate and easy-to-manage websites.
CCS3 introduced many exciting features – such as:
- Web fonts. CSS3′s @font-face feature allows the attachment of any font to a web page and it is cross-browser compatible. You can use the Font Squirrel @Font Face Generator to convert the font to web formats and then generate the CSS to attach the font to your site.
- Transforms (2D and 3D). These features enable the ability to turn, spin, move, stretch, and scale different elements. 2D transforms feature is available in all current browsers while 3D is only present in Safari and Chrome.
- Background-size. In CCS3 you can specify the size in pixels, width, height and percentage of background images. The only browsers that support this feature are Opera and Safari.
- Multiple Backgrounds. With CSS3, web designers can apply multiple backgrounds to box elements. The browsers Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer- all support this feature.
- Border-radius. One of the most talked about features; it allows web developers to easily implement rounder corners in their design elements without the need for corner images. It enjoys widespread browser support.
- Box-shadow. The box-shadow feature offers web designers the opportunity to specify different values for easily implementing multiple drop shadows on box elements. Browser support for this feature has been on the increase with Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, and – Internet Explorer.
At CodeMyIMAGE, we encourage the implementation of new technologies like CSS3. The web is ever evolving and CSS3 is one of the best technologies to implement for your website to proactively keep up with Internet progress.