Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is one of the best options available for a business when it comes to CMS tools. The simplest definition of SaaS would describe it as software that is deployed over the internet. With SaaS, the user licenses its software application to another by subscription, in a pay-as-you-go model or for free.
One may find exciting benefits in using a SaaS CMS such as:
- Faster implementation time with no software to install.
- Access to software anytime and anywhere an internet connection is available.
- No recurring costs for software maintenance and upgrades since you only purchased the service and not the software.
- No customization issues since every SaaS provider continues to enhance and improve their products capabilities to meet user requirements.
- Increased security due to the fact that the code that runs on the server is tightly controlled.
Since we deal with various CMS’s daily, we have concluded that the following applications are the most popular SaaS content management solutions:
- Clickability Platform, known also as cmPublish, is an integrated CMS that includes content management capabilities, analytics, email campaigns and advertising. It enables non-technical users to easily create, manage, publish and analyze all types of content and social media tools. Clickability Platform is based on open source technologies such as PHP, MySQL, and Java. It uses Apache as the web server and Velocity as the templating mechanism.
- Drupal Gardens is a hosted setup of the Drupal 7 content management system. It is designed to allow non-technical users to quickly create Drupal sites using a point and click interface. The major benefit is that the basic Drupal Gardens option is completely free.
- Squarespace is a CMS tool for web-savvy users who want to quickly and easily create content and manage social media accounts. It also provides a mobile application that enables site administrators to perform some actions from their smartphones or tablets.
- Business Catalyst is a SaaS solution for building and managing business websites. The platform incorporates a wide range of features including content management, ecommerce, email marketing, integrated CRM database, and analytics.
- Webvanta. This Saas CMS is dedicated to designers and design agencies that create and manage their client’s sites. It’s a powerfull tool to create business sites, blogs, forums, and membership based sites. It supports mailing lists, private content areas, photo and video galleries and even podcasts.
- LightCMS is a simple and easy to use content management system but it doesn’t include many features. It is solid choice for those who are looking for clean and simple websites, which present their company in a very straightforward approach, with a limited number of pages and functionality.
When it comes to content management solutions, there are literally hundreds of choices. At CodeMyIMAGE we can help you choose the best CMS for yourself or your customer, be it SaaS or one of the classic CMS’s.