Competition between Content Management Systems is obviously growing stronger in the Internet world. This means that the options are richer and more qualitative, but it is also more difficult in selecting the best option to suit your needs. However, if you define and prioritize the features that interest you the most in a CMS platform, you should be able to zero in on the best solution for building your website.
At CodeMyIMAGE, we have been working with virtually all CMS platforms and we have found numerous innovative features we liked in all of them. Today we have picked 5 features which we discovered using Joomla and found very useful.
- Joomla is friendly, fast and easy to use, no matter if you are a designer, developer or administrator. This reduces the learning curve and the costs involved in managing a website integrated into this CMS.
- It has great capacity for customization and development. Joomla provides fully customizable layouts, which can be used to change the look and feel of a website. This impressive feature actually influences more designers to choose Joomla to integrate their web design than almost any other.
- Joomla is extendable and it offers a wide range of third party extensions such as shopping carts, forums, business and people directories, newsletters, calendars and events, ad serving tools, and many more. Joomla’s application framework allows developers to create add-ons that extend and enhance its features with almost endless possibilities.
- Content sections within Joomla are fully editable and manageable. This means that anyone with basic computer skills can add unlimited content because Joomla’s hierarchal structure will keep it organized and easily searchable. Also, multiple users can manage different areas of the website.
- Behind Joomla there is a strong open-source community of developers and users who are actively engaged to promptly correct any problems or bugs.