Don’t know where to start? It’s easy to get stuck when designing innovative websites. When working on a new web design, one can get into the habit of using the same solution to a design problem that you used in the past. Web designers who have implemented unique and creative design ideas are tempted to follow the same path over and over again. However, it will just be a matter of time before you will be forced to step out of your old habits, and force yourself to take a new approach to designing a website, pushing your creative “Mojo” to new limits.
To develop your creativity back into your web designs, here are some tips to consider:
- Mind Maps. A pioneering approach for web design brainstorming sessions, mind maps are an effective and useful method for generating new ideas by associations. Because of the large amount of associations involved, mind maps are very creative and generate associations that have not been thought of before. You only need to start with the basic issue as the center, and generate associations from it in order to derive a large number of different possible design approaches.
- Sketches. Make lots of rough pen and pencil sketches to explore layout options. This way you can rule out many design ideas quickly, before wasting time in your web design programs.
- Study current trends in web design. Constantly look for and read about the latest trends in web design. Analyze and evaluate what makes specific websites successful, and implement new techniques using your own style.
- Get inspiration offline. Nature, clothes, interior design, buildings, printed publications, paintings….are all real sources of creativity that can be translated into effective web designs. There’s a whole world of inspiration outside and you should not get stuck in the habit of being a modern web designer spending with 24 hours a day spent online.
- Try different designing programs. Generally most of the designers use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to implement their designs but you may want to explore some other design programs. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Experiment with new features and try using new tools.
- Get opinions from others. Talking and brainstorming with design experts, and even non-creative types are effective ways to exercise your creativity. Smart and creative people could draw the best ideas out of you.
We know how important is to create attractive websites and what challenge being a fulltime creative involves. CodeMyIMAGE web developers are always trying new solutions to improve design development and can assist you in creating a website that stands out from the crowd.