However, many companies prefer in-house development. Of course, they haven’t acknowledged the benefits of the conversion solutions, but also like to have total control over their projects. During busy times, some will confess that it can be hard to manage both the creative design and web development at the same time.
So, depending on the size of the project and the deadline, one should take into consideration outsourcing PSD to HTML conversion services. What are the pros and cons? Should your company hire an external provider to convert your designs into XHTML/CSS?
Here, in brief, are some points you should consider when you decide to outsource PSD to HTML conversions:
- Cost efficiency – 64% of the US companies outsource some of their services in order to save money and maximize their ROI. Particularly, web development is one of the most outsourced services for advertising and branding agencies. PSD to XHTML/CSS services at volume pricing are, on average, more cost effective for a company than doing the development in-house. However, it is difficult to determine how much the cost savings would actually amount to. Typically, the development cost depends on many variables, such as design complexity, requirements of W3C standard compliance, SEO-semantic coding, markup language, etc. Some companies offer discounts for larger, multi page projects or to returning customers, who continue to take advantage of the sourcing services. And as the relationship grows, one can always try to negotiate a more favorable offer for your company.
- Time Savings – Project turnaround time will be reduced, thus helping your company during busy periods and also enabling a company to focus on capturing new business. That is why it is advisable to outsource the most time consuming parts of the project. PSD to HTML conversions demand a lot of resources and skills, so increasingly more companies prefer to outsource the development portion of their larger projects.
- Cross browser compatibility – Your website will look at its best no matter what browser the visitors are using. Also, you should take into consideration that your design is also compatible with different operating systems: Windows, Mac, etc.
- The code provided is W3C valid, meaning it meets World Wide Web Consortium Standards, which guarantees the quality of the markup. Also, keep in mind that one should look for a company which does all the coding manually. Unlike machine code, you will get clean, high quality code that not only use features or refinements not supported by the graphical editor or compiler but will also produce more elegant source code to help maintenance and integration. Engaging a PSD to HTML services company to code for you gives you instant access to high quality markup. The website will have a professional look, quick loading time, and meet industry standards. You will not have to worry about solving different coding issues; that is left to the coding company!
- In order to be completely satisfied with the quality of the markup, you should send along very detailed technical specifications with the PSD files and look to be able to constantly communicate (in person is best) with the sourcing partner. Communicate exactly what you need in order to get the design you want and according to your specifications.
- See what other services the company offers like CMS and eCommerce integration, or whether they have any customizing capabilities so that as you grow, your partner will still be there for you and able to meet your growing needs.
- Try finding companies which allow edits to be made to the design after the markup has been delivered.
- Finally, look for a partner that understands your style and process so that you can get as creative about design as you want, without having to allocate time and human resources to handle the coding process. You won’t have to worry about validation, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, meeting web standards, etc. This will help you reduce costs and save even more time!
Tags: CMS integration, convert psd to html, cost efficiency, creative design, cross-browser compatibility, css, ecommerce integration, html, manual markup, outsource psd to html, psd to css, psd to html, psd to html company, quality psd to html, w3c valid code