In our previous blog post, we talked about WordPress and what a wonderful user-friendly CMS it makes! However, today’s web offers plenty of other opportunities when it comes to choosing the perfect Content Management System, and we want you to be aware of all the options that are out there. In this post we will explore some of Drupal‘s features and the advantages of its implementation for your website.
We were also curious to see what website owners think of Drupal as a CMS, and checked reviews on a few different communities. “A bit complex,” “great framework,” “smart and flexible,” and “strong community,” was some of Drupal users’ general feedback.
It is true that Drupal is part of the younger technology and more developer friendly, but at the same time it is supported by a strong community, ready to help you identify the portfolio of functions and tags available. CodeMyIMAGE offers software implementation services for various CMSs including Drupal, so we are happy to share our experience with you to understand the benefits of the Drupal system.
Here is what we have learned:
- Drupal has thousands of add-on modules, which can be used and modified to meet virtually any requirements of your website. This is great because it allows you to focus on building a well performing website to meet your specific needs.
- It enables the user to turn a Drupal installation into a forum, a blog, or other types of websites. It also has an impressive social publishing infrastructure.
- Access control system is also formidable with ongoing improvements, – security is ensured through authentication, authorization (creating roles), and protection against threats.
- The Drupal community is active and in charge of keeping all aspects fresh and easy. Thousands of contributors offer continuous support and development.
- Drupal can be used to create really impressive websites but with potentially higher costs.
- An area for improvement may be in its usability and overall design for the non developer types.