In our last article we provided some reasons you should choose HTML5 instead of HTML for converting designs. Today we bring you the latest industry’s news on HTML5 features:
For any website development project, converting the design to HTML is a necessity. HTML is considerably the most well known and most preferred markup language in use today. One of its greatest values is its ability to help describe and structure the content and appearance of website pages on the Internet. That is one of the key reasons it can be found in use by web developers worldwide. And with the introduction of HTML5, and its expanded capabilities, it’s no surprise to see web developers flocking to embrace the technology so they can experience its benefits.
HTML5 is an improved version of HTML with a number of new features that provide the ability to enhance the functionality of a website to an even greater extent. HTML5 answers some fundamental needs of the modern Internet and addresses some of the shortcomings inherent in the earlier versions of HTML. One of the most important enhancements of HTML5 is that it is easily accessible by the newer versions of web browsers like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
Some of the basic differences between HTML and HTLM5 are:
- Better usability. HTML5 focuses on improving the accessibility of the Internet to provide better usability to users and makes the Internet more understandable for search engine robots.
- Easier to access by all the web browsers.
- Search engine friendly. This feature helps any website gain better ranking in search engines and can provide a greater volume of traffic. The more accurate the code behind a website is, the higher that website is ranked by search engines, resulting in increased audience visibility.
- Backwards compatibility. Websites written in previous versions of HTML don’t need to be updated to be correctly displayed by the most modern browsers.
In addition, HTML5 has some exciting features that are useful for the mobile web. Being supported by Apple and Google, it introduces several technology improvements like: adding off-line data storage, video and audio streaming and playback, geo-location, extended drag and support system, and user interface tools.
HTML5 is the best technology to implement into your website to proactively keep up with Internet dynamics. We also believe that mobile websites need to keep pace and be innovative and easy to use. We are experienced with coding PSD to HTML5 websites and we can help your business achieve an effective presence both in the traditional and mobile web zones.
At CodeMyIMAGE we are aware that HTML5 offers one of the best opportunities for creating more interactive and efficient websites, and we encourage the implementation of this newer technology.
Cascading Style Sheets, commonly known as CSS, is a widespread language for adding style to web pages written in different markup languages like HTML or XHTML. Using CSS for styling is a solid performing web design method used to achieve content accessibility, style flexibility, and a useful tool to reduce the complexity of the design structure.
How about you – are you ready to venture into the new technologies of web development? We have noticed there has been some reluctance in adhering to CSS3 styles, mainly because of issues with cross browser compatibility, and because it is still an ever expanding technique. However, CSS style sheet technique has numerous advantages. And we believe it is the most efficient tool in web design for the following reasons:
- CSS method helps both designers and developers to separate presentations from structures and publish content in multiple presentation formats, based on preferences, browsers, or Internet devices.
- CSS style sheet is flexible and consistent – you can make a change to a global CSS style sheet and automatically change style elements in other web pages. CSS enables designers and developers to maintain their web pages easily and efficiently while having a website that looks consistent.
- CSS is search engine friendly and is also considered a clean coding technique – with CSS you will have more content than code, which is great for improved ranking by search engines.
We think the web needs to stay innovative and challenging – and technologies like CSS3 and HTML5, although new and continually expanding, should be proactively implemented. Soon, all other web technologies will follow.
A lot of interesting, inspirational Photoshop and CSS articles where posted this week. We chose the best for you:
However, many companies prefer in-house development. Of course, they haven’t acknowledged the benefits of the conversion solutions, but also like to have total control over their projects. During busy times, some will confess that it can be hard to manage both the creative design and web development at the same time.
So, depending on the size of the project and the deadline, one should take into consideration outsourcing PSD to HTML conversion services. What are the pros and cons? Should your company hire an external provider to convert your designs into XHTML/CSS?
Here, in brief, are some points you should consider when you decide to outsource PSD to HTML conversions:
- Cost efficiency – 64% of the US companies outsource some of their services in order to save money and maximize their ROI. Particularly, web development is one of the most outsourced services for advertising and branding agencies. PSD to XHTML/CSS services at volume pricing are, on average, more cost effective for a company than doing the development in-house. However, it is difficult to determine how much the cost savings would actually amount to. Typically, the development cost depends on many variables, such as design complexity, requirements of W3C standard compliance, SEO-semantic coding, markup language, etc. Some companies offer discounts for larger, multi page projects or to returning customers, who continue to take advantage of the sourcing services. And as the relationship grows, one can always try to negotiate a more favorable offer for your company.
- Time Savings – Project turnaround time will be reduced, thus helping your company during busy periods and also enabling a company to focus on capturing new business. That is why it is advisable to outsource the most time consuming parts of the project. PSD to HTML conversions demand a lot of resources and skills, so increasingly more companies prefer to outsource the development portion of their larger projects.
- Cross browser compatibility – Your website will look at its best no matter what browser the visitors are using. Also, you should take into consideration that your design is also compatible with different operating systems: Windows, Mac, etc.
- The code provided is W3C valid, meaning it meets World Wide Web Consortium Standards, which guarantees the quality of the markup. Also, keep in mind that one should look for a company which does all the coding manually. Unlike machine code, you will get clean, high quality code that not only use features or refinements not supported by the graphical editor or compiler but will also produce more elegant source code to help maintenance and integration. Engaging a PSD to HTML services company to code for you gives you instant access to high quality markup. The website will have a professional look, quick loading time, and meet industry standards. You will not have to worry about solving different coding issues; that is left to the coding company!
- In order to be completely satisfied with the quality of the markup, you should send along very detailed technical specifications with the PSD files and look to be able to constantly communicate (in person is best) with the sourcing partner. Communicate exactly what you need in order to get the design you want and according to your specifications.
- See what other services the company offers like CMS and eCommerce integration, or whether they have any customizing capabilities so that as you grow, your partner will still be there for you and able to meet your growing needs.
- Try finding companies which allow edits to be made to the design after the markup has been delivered.
- Finally, look for a partner that understands your style and process so that you can get as creative about design as you want, without having to allocate time and human resources to handle the coding process. You won’t have to worry about validation, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, meeting web standards, etc. This will help you reduce costs and save even more time!