In our last article we provided some reasons you should choose HTML5 instead of HTML for converting designs. Today we bring you the latest industry’s news on HTML5 features:
For any website development project, converting the design to HTML is a necessity. HTML is considerably the most well known and most preferred markup language in use today. One of its greatest values is its ability to help describe and structure the content and appearance of website pages on the Internet. That is one of the key reasons it can be found in use by web developers worldwide. And with the introduction of HTML5, and its expanded capabilities, it’s no surprise to see web developers flocking to embrace the technology so they can experience its benefits.
HTML5 is an improved version of HTML with a number of new features that provide the ability to enhance the functionality of a website to an even greater extent. HTML5 answers some fundamental needs of the modern Internet and addresses some of the shortcomings inherent in the earlier versions of HTML. One of the most important enhancements of HTML5 is that it is easily accessible by the newer versions of web browsers like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
Some of the basic differences between HTML and HTLM5 are:
- Better usability. HTML5 focuses on improving the accessibility of the Internet to provide better usability to users and makes the Internet more understandable for search engine robots.
- Easier to access by all the web browsers.
- Search engine friendly. This feature helps any website gain better ranking in search engines and can provide a greater volume of traffic. The more accurate the code behind a website is, the higher that website is ranked by search engines, resulting in increased audience visibility.
- Backwards compatibility. Websites written in previous versions of HTML don’t need to be updated to be correctly displayed by the most modern browsers.
In addition, HTML5 has some exciting features that are useful for the mobile web. Being supported by Apple and Google, it introduces several technology improvements like: adding off-line data storage, video and audio streaming and playback, geo-location, extended drag and support system, and user interface tools.
HTML5 is the best technology to implement into your website to proactively keep up with Internet dynamics. We also believe that mobile websites need to keep pace and be innovative and easy to use. We are experienced with coding PSD to HTML5 websites and we can help your business achieve an effective presence both in the traditional and mobile web zones.
At CodeMyIMAGE we are aware that HTML5 offers one of the best opportunities for creating more interactive and efficient websites, and we encourage the implementation of this newer technology.
CCS3 is changing the way programmers and web designers build websites. Web browsers are quickly becoming compatible with CCS3′s new features, which are opening up a whole new world of opportunities. CSS3 and its feature set are also very well supported in many mobile web browsers like Opera Mini and Mobile, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer for mobile.
Because most all popular browsers provide support for a number of CCS3 features, web developers now have the opportunity to develop more powerful, elaborate and easy-to-manage websites.
CCS3 introduced many exciting features – such as:
- Web fonts. CSS3′s @font-face feature allows the attachment of any font to a web page and it is cross-browser compatible. You can use the Font Squirrel @Font Face Generator to convert the font to web formats and then generate the CSS to attach the font to your site.
- Transforms (2D and 3D). These features enable the ability to turn, spin, move, stretch, and scale different elements. 2D transforms feature is available in all current browsers while 3D is only present in Safari and Chrome.
- Background-size. In CCS3 you can specify the size in pixels, width, height and percentage of background images. The only browsers that support this feature are Opera and Safari.
- Multiple Backgrounds. With CSS3, web designers can apply multiple backgrounds to box elements. The browsers Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer- all support this feature.
- Border-radius. One of the most talked about features; it allows web developers to easily implement rounder corners in their design elements without the need for corner images. It enjoys widespread browser support.
- Box-shadow. The box-shadow feature offers web designers the opportunity to specify different values for easily implementing multiple drop shadows on box elements. Browser support for this feature has been on the increase with Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, and – Internet Explorer.
At CodeMyIMAGE, we encourage the implementation of new technologies like CSS3. The web is ever evolving and CSS3 is one of the best technologies to implement for your website to proactively keep up with Internet progress.
Looking ahead 2011, we predict an increase in the level of interest and investment in advertising. With clients gaining more confidence in this economy and becoming more efficient with their investment spending, advertising agencies have the difficult challenge to stay competitive by delivering the highest quality services at the best price.
Advertising agencies need to have the capability to manage numerous web design and development projects. So as the work volume increases and deadlines become more pressing, they need to make strategic decisions in order to improve work processes and to be even more effective. Some agencies decide to hire more experienced developers that will provide the desired quality of service and handle the volume; others invest in tools like Dreamweaver for automation in order to reduce turnaround time; and some agencies will choose a PSD to HTML conversion services provider in order to meet all the requirements they cannot cover with in-house resources. One might ask – which of these options is the best for my business?
At CodeMyIMAGE, we believe that PSD to HTML conversion service is a market that continues to grow, and one that can deliver the most satisfying results in terms of code quality and turnaround time. Since it is a very specific business that engages only professional developers, it can deliver high quality valid XHTML and CSS markup in a fast and cost effective way to address the needs of your advertising business. When you choose a markup provider, your benefits are many, from cross browser compatibility, and W3C compliance, to semantic quality coding that will improve the performance of your website with search engines.
However, automated web development software like Dreamweaver continues to be improved so advertising agencies will continue to see new applications that may cover their development requirements. If you are in need of a fast and easy conversion solution, and your project does not require sophisticated manual markup, then this may be a worthwhile investment for your business. Nevertheless, keep in mind that your costs might be higher as automated tools are not sensitive to technicalities that are inherent in more complex layouts and navigation capabilities that can be achieved only with manual markup.
When we asked for feedback from our advertising clients, we have come to a few solid conclusions:
- Hand coding is a much more efficient service than automated software and provides the creatives the freedom to develop web pages with optimum flexibility, ensuring long term maintenance for our advertising partners.
- When you are seeking the pixel perfect HTML markup, find a provider who specializes in it and have them do it for you! Our advertising partners were more satisfied to work with a provider for bringing out the best in their creative designs.
As we are getting closer to the end of the year, it is time to review what has happened in the areas of web design and development in the year that is about to pass.
We chose the best tutorials and resources centralizing web design and web development essential tools in 2010. Enjoy!